Nominees for 83rd AAU Sullivan Award revealed
Army Football's Andrew Rodriguez became the 6th football player to win the coveted AAU James E. Sullivan Award last year.
Lake Buena Vista, FL-- It’s that time of year again to find America’s top amateur athlete. Who is being considered this year? We’re excited to announce that we have several top candidates nominated for the prestigious 83rd AAU James E. Sullivan Award, which honors the nation's outstanding amateur athlete. The Sullivan Award has been presented annually since 1930, and is based on character, leadership and sportsmanship. Notable recipients of the AAU Sullivan Award include: Mark Spitz, Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Florence Joyner, Peyton Manning, Michael Phelps, J.J. Redick, Tim Tebow, and Shawn Johnson.
With a little more than a month and a half left to still nominate an athlete, the AAU Sullivan Committee is excited to announce this year’s nominees thus far:
- Liz Brenner, University of Oregon Volleyball
- Gabby Douglas, USA Gymnastics
- Brittney Griner, Baylor Womens Basketball
- AJ McCarron, University of Alabama Football
- Missy Franklin, USA Swimming
- Elena Delle Donne, Delaware Womens Basketball
- Manti Te’o, University of Notre Dame Football
- Maggie Steffens, USA Water Polo
- Skylar Diggins, Notre Dame Womens Basketball
- Isaiah Canaan, Murray State Basketball
Make sure to LIKE AAU Facebook at facebook.com/realaau and FOLLOW us on Twitter at @TheRealAAU for exclusive updates and announcements surrounding the AAU Sullivan Award.
For more information about the AAU Sullivan Award, visit www.aausullivan.org.